Occipital Neuralgia Treatment in Westminster Denver Colorado
● Occipital neuralgia is a rare neurological condition that involves shooting, shocking, throbbing, burning, or aching pain and headache that generally starts at the base of the head and spreads along the scalp on one or both sides of the head.
● It involves the occipital nerves, which run from the area where the spinal column meets the neck, up to the scalp at the back of the head.
● Pain is typically felt in the:
– Upper neck
– Back of the head
– Behind the eyes and ears (usually on one side of the head)
● The pain usually begins in the neck and then spreads upward. Some people describe the pain as migraine-like. The scalp may become tender and extremely sensitive to the point where a light touch can cause severe pain (allodynia).
● Pinched nerve
● overly tight neck muscles
● nerve compression
● disc disease
● Usually done through a physical and neurological exam, along with diagnostic imaging.
● A nerve block (in which a local anesthetic and steroid drug are injected into the area around the nerve) may help with diagnosis.
Our expert providers are experienced and skilled at treating occipital neuralgia and are your source for expert treatment of occipital neuralgia in Westminster and Denver Colorado. Not only are we the premier treatment for spine injuries and chiropractic in Westminster and Denver Colorado, but we also specialize in many other advanced treatment techniques such as shockwave, cold laser, graston technique, KT Taping, activator, instrument aided spinal alignments, drop table, toggle, in house rehab services, and on site digital xrays. We are your Premier destination for occipital neuralgia treatment in Westminster Colorado and Denver Colorado Chiropractor.